Apply to the Massachusetts Digital Health COVID-19 Recovery Challenge
The Massachusetts eHealth Institute at MassTech is seeking digital health startups with solutions for unpaid family caregivers to compete in the Massachusetts Digital Health COVID-19 Recovery Challenge. The Challenge is focused on finding solutions for unpaid caregivers who provide support to loved ones outside of traditional child rearing.
The COVID-19 pandemic has heightened our awareness of the critical role family caregivers play in our society and the ways they impact our healthcare system and the overall economy. Through the support of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration and their SPRINT Challenge Grant, MassTech launched this Challenge to uncover digital health solutions that can support these caregivers by helping them return to work or to face challenges that were exacerbated by the pandemic.
Up to 8 applicants will be selected to participate in a three-month accelerator run by Lever, Inc. During the accelerator, finalists will participate in a series of lean startup workshops and will receive tailored expert mentoring to develop their solution, business plan, and go-to-market strategy. Finalists will also be matched with cutting edge research and development organizations in the Massachusetts Digital Health Sandbox Network. The Sandboxes will work with participants to scope projects to test and validate their solution to bring it to market faster. The Challenge will culminate in a pitch event in November where participants will pitch their product and proposed Sandbox project.
- 1st Place: $100,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
- 2nd Place: $50,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
- 3rd Place: $50,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
- 4th Place: $50,000 in Sandbox Tuition to complete their Sandbox project
This level of tuition typically covers extensive user experience testing, access to cutting edge lab facilities and subject matter experts, or a pilot in a healthcare setting.
All participants will have the opportunity to:
- De-risk your business model
- Gain access to potential investors and buyers
- Accelerate the time from R&D to production
- Work with experts to assess your testing needs and scope detailed validation projects
- Be prepared for investor meetings
- Pitch in front of expert judges